2010 Michigan Compiled Laws
HIGHWAYS WITHIN TOWNSHIPS
Chapter 247 - HIGHWAYS
Act 111 of 1956 - HIGHWAYS WITHIN TOWNSHIPS (247.351 - 247.356)
Act 111 of 1956
AN ACT to provide for the acquisition, construction, establishment, opening, altering, improving and maintaining of highways; authorizing contracts between townships and boards of county road commissioners for the same; authorizing townships to finance their share of the cost of the same from its contingent fund, special assessments, and bonds or short term notes issued in anticipation of the receipt of sales tax moneys or general obligation bonds; and to prescribe procedures and conditions relative to the issuance of said bonds or short term notes.
History: 1956, Act 111, Imd. Eff. Apr. 13, 1956
- Section 247.351 - Highways within townships; contracts, structures included.
- Section 247.352 - Highways within townships; contracts, contents; approval by electors, board of county road commissioners; execution.
- Section 247.353 - Highways within townships; funds.
- Section 247.354 - Bonds issued in anticipation of sales tax money; additional security; irrevocable pledge and appropriation; annual debt service requirements; limitation; successive borrowings; bonds and notes subject to revised municipal finance act.
- Section 247.355 - General obligation bonds.
- Section 247.356 - Townships and boards of county road commissioners; enlargement of powers.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Michigan may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.