2010 Michigan Compiled Laws
MICHIGAN ELECTION LAW (EXCERPT)
Chapter 168 - MICHIGAN ELECTION LAW
Act 116 of 1954 - MICHIGAN ELECTION LAW (168.1 - 168.992)
116-1954-XXXVI - CHAPTER XXXVI RECALL (168.951...168.976)
Act 116 of 1954 Chapter XXXVI
- Section 168.951 - Officers subject to recall; time for filing recall petition; performance of duties until result of recall election certified.
- Section 168.952 - Recall petitions; requirements; submission to board of county election commissioners; determination; notice; meeting; presentation of arguments; appeal; validity of petition.
- Section 168.952a - Recall petitions; blank forms; substantial compliance.
- Section 168.953 - Repealed. 1976, Act 66, Imd. Eff. Apr. 2, 1976.
- Section 168.954 - Recall petitions; eligibility of signers.
- Section 168.955 - Recall petition; number of signatures; certification.
- Section 168.956 - Repealed. 1976, Act 66, Imd. Eff. Apr. 2, 1976.
- Section 168.957 - Recall petitions; qualifications and certificate of circulator; false statement; penalty.
- Section 168.958 - Recall petition sheet; signature of qualified and registered electors; location for signing; signature of person not qualified and registered elector.
- Section 168.958a - Separate petitions required.
- Section 168.959 - Recall of senators, representatives, elective state officers, county officials, or secretary of state; filing petitions.
- Section 168.960 - Recall of elective county commissioner or township, city, village, or school official; recall of elective district board member; filing petition.
- Section 168.961 - Recall petition; filing; receipt; duties of filing official; duties of city or township clerk; certificate; duties of village clerk; use of qualified voter file.
- Section 168.961a - Notice to officer whose recall is sought; challenge; checking signatures; verifying challenged signature; use of qualified voter file.
- Section 168.962 - Repealed. 1978, Act 533, Imd. Eff. Dec. 21, 1978.
- Section 168.963 - Sufficiency or insufficiency of recall petition; determination; notice; special election.
- Section 168.964 - Recall election; procedure; notice; ballots; election supplies; assignment of precinct election officials.
- Section 168.965 - Recall of officer with election duties; appointment of impartial public officer.
- Section 168.966 - Recall ballot; contents.
- Section 168.967 - Recall election; payment of expenses.
- Section 168.968 - Canvass of recall election; certification of results; office vacant upon certification; notice.
- Section 168.969 - Further recall petition; filing, condition.
- Section 168.970 - Recall of officer; vacancy.
- Section 168.971 - Special election; appointment of review team; applicability of section.
- Section 168.972 - Nominating and voting for candidate for nonpartisan office; signing and filing nominating petition; election to fill vacancy for unexpired term; signing, contents, and filing of petition.
- Section 168.973 - Election to fill vacancy; party candidates, nomination.
- Section 168.974 - Recall or resignation of officer as prohibiting candidacy or appointment to fill vacancy; effect of resignation of officer.
- Section 168.975 - Candidate deemed elected.
- Section 168.976 - Recall election; laws governing.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Michigan may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.