2010 Michigan Compiled Laws
MICHIGAN ELECTION LAW (EXCERPT)
Chapter 168 - MICHIGAN ELECTION LAW
Act 116 of 1954 - MICHIGAN ELECTION LAW (168.1 - 168.992)
116-1954-XXV - CHAPTER XXV DELEGATES, CONVENTIONS AND PARTY COMMITTEES (168.591...168.620a)
Act 116 of 1954 Chapter XXV
DELEGATES, CONVENTIONS AND PARTY COMMITTEES
- Section 168.591 - Commencement of state convention in even numbered years; date, time, and location; issuance of calls.
- Section 168.592 - County conventions in even numbered years; purpose; time; designation of date, place, and hour of meeting; issuance of call; number of delegates; counties having 2 or more congressional districts; committee; temporary chairperson; organization; election and certification of delegates.
- Section 168.593 - State conventions in odd years; time, issuance of calls; apportionment of delegates among counties.
- Section 168.594 - County convention in odd years; time and place, issuance of call; election of delegates to state convention; congressional district conventions, committee, temporary chairman, election of delegates, certification.
- Section 168.595 - Delegates to state conventions; apportionment to wards, precincts, townships or districts; basis.
- Section 168.595a - Delegates to state convention; legislators as delegates at large, alternates, vote.
- Section 168.596 - Fall conventions and spring conventions; definition.
- Section 168.597 - State central committee; members, officers, term of service.
- Section 168.598 - State central committee; forwarding copy of call for fall state convention; apportionment of delegates; allocation of additional delegates.
- Section 168.599 - Executive committee; selection by delegates to fall county convention in county with population of less than 1,500,000; replacement of former nominee; vacancy; appointment of officers; certification of names and addresses; temporary officers; proxy; county committee; delegates at large; vacancy in district delegation.
- Section 168.600 - Congressional district conventions and caucuses; election and terms of officers and committee.
- Section 168.600a - Congressional district officers; residence requirement, exception.
- Section 168.601 - County comprising single congressional or judicial district; county committee.
- Section 168.602 - County comprising more than one congressional district; county committee.
- Section 168.603 - Repealed. 1967, Act 189, Eff. Nov. 2, 1967.
- Section 168.603a - Counties over 400,000; legislators as members of congressional district committee and delegates at large.
- Section 168.604 - Repealed. 1990, Act 7, Imd. Eff. Feb. 12, 1990.
- Section 168.605 - Delegates to fall county convention; write-in candidates.
- Section 168.606 - Delegates to fall county convention; election, notice.
- Section 168.607 - Delegates to fall county convention; election; votes required; tie vote; determination by lot.
- Section 168.608 - Certifying and recording names of delegates; filing; notification of delegates; certification of delegates to county conventions; definition.
- Section 168.609 - Delegates to city or county convention; proxy prohibited; vacancies in delegation.
- Section 168.610 - Repealed. 1975, Act 325, Imd. Eff. Jan. 9, 1976.
- Section 168.611 - Reconvening of delegates in county convention; election of delegates to state convention; day, time, and place of county convention; definitions.
- Section 168.612 - Precinct or convention delegate; age.
- Section 168.613 - Repealed. 1983, Act 181, Imd. Eff. Oct. 25, 1983.
- Section 168.613a - Statewide presidential primary election; exception; time; limitation on participation; conduct.
- Section 168.613c - Consolidation of local units as new city; election of officers on March 7, 2000.
- Section 168.614 - Repealed. 1983, Act 181, Imd. Eff. Oct. 25, 1983.
- Section 168.614a - List of potential presidential candidates; issuance; filing; notice.
- Section 168.615 - Repealed. 1983, Act 181, Imd. Eff. Oct. 25, 1983.
- Section 168.615a - Printing name of presidential candidate on ballot; filing affidavit; filing nominating petition; signatures; conformity; rotation of names on ballot; space to vote uncommitted.
- Section 168.616 - Repealed. 1983, Act 181, Imd. Eff. Oct. 25, 1983.
- Section 168.616a - Canvass of returns; certification of results; release of ballots, ballot boxes, voting machines, and equipment.
- Section 168.617 - Repealed. 1975, Act 325, Imd. Eff. Jan. 9, 1976.
- Section 168.618 - Allocation of delegates to national convention; qualifications of delegates; selection procedures.
- Section 168.619 - National convention delegates; basis of election; affidavit; certification; duration of commitment; vacancy; legislator prohibited from selecting delegates; participation of legislator in convention business; opportunity of registered elector or public official to be elected as delegate not restricted.
- Section 168.620 - Repealed. 1983, Act 181, Imd. Eff. Oct. 25, 1983.
- Section 168.620a - Law applicable to selection of delegates; state or national political party rule.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Michigan may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.