2010 Michigan Compiled Laws
Chapter 168 - MICHIGAN ELECTION LAW
Act 116 of 1954 - MICHIGAN ELECTION LAW (168.1 - 168.992)
116-1954-XXIV - CHAPTER XXIV PRIMARY ELECTIONS (168.531...168.588)
- Section 168.531 - Primary elections; nomination of candidates by direct vote.
- Section 168.532 - Nomination by caucus or convention where principal candidate receives less than 5% of vote cast for candidates for secretary of state.
- Section 168.533 - Applicability of act.
- Section 168.534 - General primary; time; party candidates to be voted for; condition to nomination.
- Section 168.535 - General primary; nomination of nonpartisan candidates.
- Section 168.536, 168.537 - Repealed. 1963, 2nd Ex. Sess., Act 57, Imd. Eff. Dec. 27, 1963.
- Section 168.538 - Primary election; notice; posting; publication.
- Section 168.539 - City and county primary elections; not held when no opposition; certification of candidates; notice to city and township clerks, public notice.
- Section 168.540 - Nonpartisan primary elections; when not held; certification of candidates.
- Section 168.541 - District primary elections; not held when no opposition; certification of candidates; notice to city and township clerks.
- 116-1954-XXIV-PREPARATION-AND-FILING-OF-NOMINATING-PETITIONS;-FEES - PREPARATION AND FILING OF NOMINATING PETITIONS; FEES (168.542...168.558)
- 116-1954-XXIV-PREPARATION-AND-DISTRIBUTION-OF-BALLOTS - PREPARATION AND DISTRIBUTION OF BALLOTS (168.559...168.573)
- 116-1954-XXIV-CONDUCT-OF-PRIMARY-ELECTIONS - CONDUCT OF PRIMARY ELECTIONS (168.574...168.580)
- 116-1954-XXIV-CANVASSING-OF-PRIMARY-RETURNS - CANVASSING OF PRIMARY RETURNS (168.581...168.583)
- 116-1954-XXIV-VOTING-MACHINES-AT-PRIMARIES - VOTING MACHINES AT PRIMARIES (168.584...168.588)
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Michigan may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.