2010 Michigan Compiled Laws
MICHIGAN ELECTION LAW (EXCERPT)
Chapter 168 - MICHIGAN ELECTION LAW
Act 116 of 1954 - MICHIGAN ELECTION LAW (168.1 - 168.992)
116-1954-XVI - CHAPTER XVI TOWNSHIP OFFICES (168.341...168.373)
Act 116 of 1954 Chapter XVI
- Section 168.341 - Elective township offices and officers.
- Section 168.342 - Township office; eligibility; eligibility for membership on board of review; violation of MCL 38.412a.
- Section 168.343 - Repealed. 1965, Act 212, Eff. Mar. 31, 1966.
- Section 168.343a - Township political party committee; membership.
- Section 168.344 - Repealed. 1965, Act 212, Eff. Mar. 31, 1966.
- Section 168.345 - Candidates for township offices; nomination at primary.
- Section 168.346 - Primaries; inspector of elections, appointment.
- Section 168.347 - Primaries; provisions governing; recounts; duties of township clerk.
- Section 168.348 - Repealed. 2003, Act 302, Eff. Jan. 1, 2005.
- Section 168.349 - Candidates for township offices; nominating petitions; signatures; form; filing; receiving petitions; list of candidates.
- Section 168.349a - Repealed. 1966, Act 58, Imd. Eff. June 7, 1966.
- Section 168.350 - Repealed. 1966, Act 58, Imd. Eff. June 7, 1966.
- Section 168.351 - Candidates for nomination; withdrawal, notice.
- Section 168.352 - Candidates for township offices; death; selection of new candidates; ballots.
- Section 168.353 - Primaries; absent voters, provisions applicable.
- Section 168.354 - Candidates for township offices; no candidate, write-in.
- Section 168.355 - Candidates for township offices; nominees, certification.
- Section 168.356 - Repealed. 1965, Act 212, Eff. Mar. 31, 1966.
- Section 168.357 - Candidates for township offices; death or disqualification; write-in.
- Section 168.358 - Election of township officers and submission of propositions; general November election.
- Section 168.358a - Special election; purpose; notice.
- Section 168.359 - Repealed. 1968, Act 65, Eff. July 1, 1968.
- Section 168.360 - Township officers; certificate of election.
- Section 168.361 - Repealed. 1978, Act 596, Imd. Eff. Jan. 4, 1979.
- Section 168.362 - Township officers; terms; qualification; vacancy; election; commencement of duties; failure to take oath.
- Section 168.363 - Township officers; oath of office.
- Section 168.364 - Township treasurer; bond, approval, filing.
- Section 168.365 - Constables; bond.
- Section 168.366 - Repealed. 1978, Act 540, Imd. Eff. Dec. 22, 1978.
- Section 168.367 - Resignation of township officer.
- Section 168.368 - Events creating vacancy in township offices.
- Section 168.369 - Removal of township officer; grounds; service of charges; hearing; effect of removal.
- Section 168.370 - Filling vacancy in township office; procedure.
- Section 168.370a - Filling vacancy in township office; term of appointee; term of elected successor.
- Section 168.371 - Township officers; primary election, recount of votes.
- Section 168.372 - Township officers; recall.
- Section 168.373 - Township clerk; appointment of substitute to perform election law duties.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Michigan may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.