2010 Michigan Compiled Laws
CHARITABLE TRUSTEES POWERS ACT
Chapter 14 - ATTORNEY GENERAL
Act 78 of 1971 - CHARITABLE TRUSTEES POWERS ACT (14.271 - 14.287)
Act 78 of 1971
AN ACT to prescribe and regulate the functions of charitable trusts and trustees; and to prescribe the functions of the attorney general in relation thereto.
History: 1971, Act 78, Imd. Eff. July 31, 1971
- Section 14.271 - Short title.
- Section 14.272 - Definitions.
- Section 14.273 - Applicability of act.
- Section 14.274 - Trustee of private foundation or split interest trust; duties, and powers generally.
- Section 14.275 - Tax exemption, deduction, or credit; distributions; prohibited conduct.
- Section 14.276 - Split interest trust; applicability of section 14.275(3)(b) and (c).
- Section 14.277 - Distributions; trust investment more restrictive than or inconsistent with this act; notice to attorney general.
- Section 14.278 - Amendment of trust instrument.
- Section 14.279 - Trustee; relief from restrictions of trust instrument.
- Section 14.280 - Trustee; release of power to select charitable donee.
- Section 14.281 - Delivery of release; effect of specifying public charitable organization as beneficiary.
- Section 14.282 - Public charitable trust; supervision by specified public charitable organization.
- Section 14.283 - Filing copy of trust instrument and report with specified public charitable organization.
- Section 14.284 - Effect of delivery of release and acceptance thereof; supervisory authority of public charitable organization.
- Section 14.285 - Termination or dissolution of private foundation trust; consent of attorney general.
- Section 14.286 - Action to enforce act.
- Section 14.287 - Interpretation of act.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Michigan may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.