2010 Michigan Compiled Laws
SUPERVISION OF TRUSTEES FOR CHARITABLE PURPOSES ACT
Chapter 14 - ATTORNEY GENERAL
Act 101 of 1961 - SUPERVISION OF TRUSTEES FOR CHARITABLE PURPOSES ACT (14.251 - 14.266)
Act 101 of 1961
AN ACT to implement the state supervision and enforcement of charitable trusts; and to authorize the attorney general to establish and maintain a register of such charitable trusts, to protect the interests of the people of the state therein, to adopt and promulgate rules and regulations necessary to carry out the purposes of the act, and to take appropriate action to protect and carry out the purposes of the charitable trusts.
History: 1961, Act 101, Eff. Sept. 8, 1961 ;-- Am. 1965, Act 353, Eff. Mar. 31, 1966
- Section 14.251 - Charitable trusts; supervision; application of act.
- Section 14.252 - Definitions.
- Section 14.253 - Governmental and corporate exclusions; exceptions; registration and reporting requirements for irrevocable trusts; testamentary or inter vivos trusts not deemed as charitable.
- Section 14.254 - Attorney general; jurisdiction and control; parties represented; powers and duties; probate of will; notice; procedures; register of trusts and trustees.
- Section 14.255 - Filing of trust instrument and inventory of assets; time.
- Section 14.256 - Audit report; trustee's report; distribution of assets; hearing; notice to attorney general; approval; rules; reports; suspension; trustee's account; first report.
- Section 14.257 - Rules and regulations by attorney general.
- Section 14.258 - Investigation of transactions.
- Section 14.259 - Order for appearance; enforcement.
- Section 14.260 - Register, copies of instruments and reports; public inspection.
- Section 14.261 - Enforcement to ensure compliance with act; proper accounting; jurisdiction of courts.
- Section 14.262 - Application of act irrespective of contents of instrument.
- Section 14.263 - Custodians of public records; copies of instruments.
- Section 14.264 - Applications for exemption from taxation; filing of list with attorney general.
- Section 14.265 - Purpose and construction of act.
- Section 14.266 - Short title.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Michigan may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.