2010 Michigan Compiled Laws
VACATING CEMETERY IN TOWNSHIP
Chapter 128 - CEMETERIES
Act 49 of 1895 - VACATING CEMETERY IN TOWNSHIP (128.31 - 128.36)
Act 49 of 1895
AN ACT to provide for vacating cemeteries in townships.
History: 1895, Act 49, Eff. Aug. 30, 1895
- Section 128.31 - Removal of private cemetery; complaint; grounds; proceedings to vacate; power of circuit court.
- Section 128.32 - Petition; filing; contents; notice; neglect or refusal to appoint attorney or agent; proceeding by freeholder resident; security for costs.
- Section 128.33 - Hearing; burden of proof; order, recording.
- Section 128.34 - Reinterment of dead bodies and remains; removal and erection of fences, tombstones, and monuments; removal during certain months prohibited; exception; costs.
- Section 128.35 - Reimbursement of lot owner.
- Section 128.36 - Reversion to original owner; conditions.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Michigan may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.