2010 Michigan Compiled Laws
VACATING CEMETERY IN CITY OR VILLAGE
Chapter 128 - CEMETERIES
Act 297 of 1929 - VACATING CEMETERY IN CITY OR VILLAGE (128.51 - 128.57)
Act 297 of 1929
AN ACT to provide for vacating private and public cemetery plats and cemetery grounds in the limits of incorporated cities and villages and to provide for the acquisition by said cities and villages of the cemetery grounds and plats vacated hereunder.
History: 1929, Act 297, Imd. Eff. May 23, 1929
- Section 128.51 - Circuit court in chancery; jurisdiction to vacate cemeteries.
- Section 128.52 - Contract for sale of private cemetery to city, village; contents.
- Section 128.53 - Petition of trustees or council to vacate; filing, notice.
- Section 128.54 - Compensation to objecting lot owners; credit on contract; condition precedent.
- Section 128.55 - Court proceedings; order to vacate, contents, recording; recorded under complete bar.
- Section 128.56 - Appeal; bond.
- Section 128.57 - Repealed. 1978, Act 368, Eff. Sept. 30, 1978.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Michigan may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.