2010 Michigan Compiled Laws
ENLARGEMENT OF TOWNSHIP BURIAL GROUNDS
Chapter 128 - CEMETERIES
Act 272 of 1909 - ENLARGEMENT OF TOWNSHIP BURIAL GROUNDS (128.151 - 128.164)
Act 272 of 1909
AN ACT to authorize the boards of trustees of the townships of this state to acquire and enlarge burying grounds and approaches to burying grounds in their respective townships and to provide the manner of acquiring private property for that purpose.
History: 1909, Act 272, Eff. Sept. 1, 1909 ;-- Am. 1980, Act 380, Imd. Eff. Jan. 2, 1981
- Section 128.151 - Township board of trustees; providing new burying ground or enlarging limits of existing burying ground; providing suitable approaches or enlarging limits of existing approach; inability to agree; application for jury; determining just compensation and necessity for using real estate.
- Section 128.152 - Summons or venire facias commanding county sheriff or constable to summon freeholders to appear as jury; application and issuance; ascertaining just compensation and necessity for using real estate; notice to owner or occupant; service.
- Section 128.153 - Notice to township board of trustees; publication; service of notice on owner.
- Section 128.154 - Judge; duties; jury summons, return, contents; empaneling.
- Section 128.155 - Jury sworn by judge; subpoenas for witnesses; visiting and examining premises; jurors' certificate; signatures and indorsement; judge's certificate.
- Section 128.156 - Judgment; collection.
- Section 128.157 - Incompetent or unknown owner; county treasurer, duties; funds subject to court order.
- Section 128.158 - Vesting of fee; conditions; writ of possession.
- Section 128.159 - Possession by township; writ of possession.
- Section 128.160 - Jury disagreement; adjournment, limit.
- Section 128.161 - Parties to suit; proof of claims; settlement.
- Section 128.162 - Payment order; issuance, receipt; evidence.
- Section 128.163 - Subsequent proceedings.
- Section 128.164 - Fees; compensation.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Michigan may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.