2006 Michigan Compiled Laws - Mich. Comp. Laws § 390.993 Tuition grants; application; eligibility; satisfactory academic progress; second degree.

Act 313 of 1966

390.993 Tuition grants; application; eligibility; satisfactory academic progress; second degree.

Sec. 3.

(1) Upon application of an eligible resident student, who has resided in this state continuously for the preceding 12 months, is not considered a resident of any other state, is not incarcerated in a corrections institution, and is registered in an independent nonprofit college or university in this state, as described in section 1, the Michigan higher education assistance authority shall grant an amount as provided for in this act for each semester of attendance. A student shall not be eligible for a grant for tuition and fees for more than 10 semesters of undergraduate education, or its equivalent in trimesters, or equivalent as determined by the authority for less than full-time students; in not more than 6 semesters of graduate education, or its equivalent in trimesters; and in not more than 8 semesters in dental education, or its equivalent in trimesters.

(2) A student shall maintain satisfactory academic progress, as defined by the college or university in which the student is enrolled, in order to remain eligible for the tuition grant under this act.

(3) If a student possessing a degree at a given academic level enrolls for a second degree at the same academic level, the authority shall include tuition grants received by the student when enrolled for the previous degree at the same level in determining the student's eligibility pursuant to subsection (1).

History: 1966, Act 313, Eff. Aug. 1, 1966 ;-- Am. 1968, Act 339, Eff. Nov. 1, 1968 ;-- Am. 1976, Act 314, Eff. July 1, 1977 ;-- Am. 1976, Act 452, Imd. Eff. Jan. 13, 1977 ;-- Am. 1977, Act 295, Imd. Eff. Dec. 29, 1977 ;-- Am. 1980, Act 503, Eff. July 1, 1981

Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Michigan may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.