2022 Maryland Statutes
Title 2 - General Assembly
Subtitle 15 - Legislation
Part II - Procedures After Return on Final Passage
Section 2-1511 - Delivery to Office of Secretary of State
(a) The Governor shall deliver to the Secretary of State or a designee in the Secretary’s office:
(1) each bill that the Governor approves, immediately after the approval;
(2) each bill that becomes law without the approval of the Governor, on the day the bill becomes law;
(3) each bill that the Governor vetoes; and
(4) each executive order effective under Article II, § 24 of the Maryland Constitution.
(b) (1) Subject to § 2–1248 of this title, the Secretary of State shall assign a chapter number to each bill that becomes law and to each executive order issued pursuant to Article II, § 24 of the Maryland Constitution.
(2) Chapter numbers shall be assigned in the order in which the bills become law.