2022 Maryland Statutes
Health - General
Title 21 - Food, Drugs, and Cosmetics
Subtitle 3 - Food Establishments
Part II - Licensing
Section 21-312.1 - Licensing Information in Advertisements and Contracts for Catering Services
(a) (1) In this section the following words have the meanings indicated.
(2) “Caterer” means a food service facility that offers catering services or identifies itself as a caterer.
(3) “Catering services” means the preparation or provision and the serving of food or drink by a food service facility for service at the provider’s premises or elsewhere in connection with a specific event or a business or social function or affair.
(b) A food service facility that offers catering services or that identifies itself as a caterer shall include its food service facility license number, including the identity of the issuer of the license, on:
(1) All advertising on business cards, published print media, flyers, brochures, and any vehicles used in connection with catering services and in telephone directories; and
(2) All contracts for catering services.
(c) A food service facility that is licensed in more than one political subdivision may satisfy the requirements of this section by displaying the food service facility license number of any or all of its licenses issued by one or more of the political subdivisions.
(d) This section does not apply to a person who:
(1) Prepares food in a kitchen of another person’s private home for service in that private home; or
(2) Prepares food in a kitchen of a private home or a kitchen of a school, religious or charitable organization, or nonprofit institution for service or sale to benefit a school, religious or charitable organization, or nonprofit institution.