2021 Maryland Statutes
Title 5 - Firearms
Subtitle 1 - Regulated Firearms
Section 5-130 - Gun Shows
(a) In this section, “gun show” means any organized gathering open to the public at which any firearm is displayed.
(b) Subsections (c) through (h) of this section do not apply to a licensee.
(c) A person must obtain a temporary transfer permit issued by the Secretary before the person displays a regulated firearm for sale or transfer from a table or fixed display at a gun show.
(d) (1) An applicant for a temporary transfer permit shall:
(i) submit to the Secretary an application on the form that the Secretary provides; and
(ii) pay to the Secretary a fee of $10 for each calendar year.
(2) Each additional temporary transfer permit during the same calendar year shall be issued without charge.
(e) The application for a temporary transfer permit shall contain any information that is necessary for the Secretary to conduct a computer background investigation.
(f) Each application for a temporary transfer permit shall contain the following statement: “Any false information supplied or statement made in this application is a crime which may be punished by imprisonment for a period of not more than 3 years or a fine not more than $5,000 or both.”.
(g) (1) The Secretary shall conduct an investigation to determine the truth or falsity of the information supplied and the statements made in the application for a temporary transfer permit.
(2) If there is no reason to disapprove the application for a temporary transfer permit, the Secretary shall issue the permit within 7 days after the date of application.
(3) The Secretary shall disapprove an application for a temporary transfer permit if the Secretary determines that:
(i) the applicant supplied false information or made a false statement; or
(ii) the application is not properly completed.
(4) If the Secretary disapproves an application for a temporary transfer permit, the Secretary shall notify the applicant in writing of the disapproval.
(h) (1) A temporary transfer permit shall be clearly labeled “temporary” and shall include the statement: “This is not a license to engage in the business of selling firearms.”.
(2) The temporary transfer permit shall be placed in public view as part of any display of a regulated firearm.
(i) (1) A person may not receive more than five temporary transfer permits during a single calendar year.
(2) To display a regulated firearm for sale, trade, or transfer at more than five gun shows in a calendar year, a person shall obtain a dealer’s license under this subtitle.
(j) A sale or transfer of a regulated firearm from a table or fixed display at a gun show is governed by §§ 5-103, 5-104, 5-117 through 5-129, and 5-136 of this subtitle.