2021 Maryland Statutes
Labor and Employment
Title 6 - High Voltage Lines
Section 6-108 - Duty of Owner or Operator of High Voltage Line
(a) The owner or operator of a high voltage line shall perform any act that is reasonably necessary to carry out the safety measures required by § 6-107 of this title to guard effectively against accidental contact with the high voltage line:
(1) after notification from a person who intends to perform an activity listed under § 6-106 of this subtitle within 10 feet of a high voltage line;
(2) after the person who intends to perform the activity has made any appropriate arrangements; and
(3) within a reasonable time.
(b) This section does not require an owner or operator of a high voltage line to:
(1) bear the expense of any safety measure required by this title; or
(2) de-energize or ground any high voltage line if doing so would:
(i) substantially interfere with service to the public; or
(ii) endanger the health, safety, or welfare of the public.