2021 Maryland Statutes
Health - General
Title 22 - Poisons, Dangerous Household Substances, Flammable Products, and Hazardous Materials
Subtitle 4 - Maryland Flammable Products Act
Section 22-406 - Prohibited Acts; Exceptions
(a) A guaranty under this section may be:
(1) A separate guaranty that specifically designates the product, fabric, or related material; or
(2) A continuing guaranty that:
(i) Is given by a seller to a buyer;
(ii) Applies to any product, fabric, or related material sold to the buyer; and
(iii) Is in the form the Department approves.
(b) A person may not manufacture, sell, or hold with intent to sell any new or unused product that does not comply with the flammability requirements of this subtitle.
(c) A person may not give a false guaranty.
(d) This section does not apply to a person who:
(1) Receives in good faith a product, fabric, or related material that is covered by a guaranty that is signed by and contains the name and address of the person who manufactured the product, fabric, or related material or from whom it was received;
(2) Has not altered the flammability of the product, fabric, or related material covered by the guaranty; and
(3) Reasonably and in good faith relies on the guaranty.