2021 Maryland Statutes
Business Occupations and Professions
Title 19 - Security Guard Agencies and Security Guard Certification
Subtitle 4 - Certification of Security Guards
Section 19-402 - Qualifications and Requirements
(a) To qualify for certification as a security guard, an individual shall:
(1) meet the standards set by the Secretary;
(2) be an employee of or an applicant for employment with a licensed security guard agency;
(3) be of good moral character and reputation;
(4) submit to the licensed security guard agency, for forwarding to the Secretary:
(i) a sworn application on the form the Secretary provides;
(ii) the fingerprints required under § 19-304(c) of this title; and
(iii) a nonrefundable application fee of $15; and
(5) pay to the licensed security guard agency, for forwarding to the Secretary, the fees authorized under § 19-304(c) of this title.
(b) On receipt from an applicant for certification as a security guard, a licensed security guard agency shall forward to the Secretary the applicant’s application form, fingerprint cards, and criminal history records check fees.