2020 Maryland Statutes
Title 13 - Land Patents
Subtitle 3 - Application and Issuance of Warrant; Valuation of Land
Section 13-310 - Certificate of Survey
(a) After the surveyor has completed the survey, the surveyor shall:
(1) Prepare a certificate of survey and one additional duplicate certificate for each county in which any vacant land embraced within the survey is located; and
(2) Return the certificate and all of these duplicates to the Commissioner in the time required by this subtitle.
(b) The certificate of survey shall contain, as to all the land embraced within the survey:
(1) A plat that meets the requirements of § 3–108(c) of this article and any rules or regulations adopted under this title;
(2) A description of any vacant land and a separate description of any land owned by the applicant, each of which descriptions:
(i) Shall include the area covered by it; and
(ii) Shall be referenced to adjoining tracts in the manner generally accepted in the profession of land surveying;
(3) A statement of the character and condition of any improvements on the land, or a statement that no improvements exist; and
(4) A certification by the surveyor that the surveyor:
(i) Actually has run and measured on the land the distance of each boundary; and
(ii) Has complied with all the requirements of this subsection.
(c) The certificate and all duplicates shall be signed and verified by the surveyor.
(d) If the surveyor fails to return the certificate and all duplicates in the time required by this subtitle, the Commissioner shall dismiss the application and enter an order of termination in the proceeding.