2020 Maryland Statutes
Labor and Employment
Title 1 - Definitions; General Provisions
Subtitle 1 - Definitions
Section 1-101 - Definitions
(a) In this article the following words have the meanings indicated.
(b) “County” means a county of the State and, unless expressly provided otherwise, Baltimore City.
(c) “Governmental unit” means:
(1) the State;
(2) a county, municipal corporation, or other political subdivision of the State; or
(3) a unit of the State government or of a political subdivision.
(d) “Person” means an individual, receiver, trustee, guardian, personal representative, fiduciary, or representative of any kind and any partnership, firm, association, corporation, or other entity.
(e) “State” means:
(1) a state, possession, or commonwealth of the United States;
(2) except as provided in § 8–101(x) of this article, a territory of the United States; or
(3) the District of Columbia.