2020 Maryland Statutes
Title 5 - Maryland Public Ethics Law
Subtitle 4 - Procedures for Complaint of Violation of Title
Section 5-407 - Confidentiality
(a) Notwithstanding any other law, and except as provided in subsections (b) and (c) of this section, after a complaint is filed:
(1) the proceedings, meetings, and activities of the Ethics Commission and its employees relating to the complaint are confidential; and
(2) information relating to the complaint, including the identity of the complainant and respondent, may not be disclosed by:
(i) the Ethics Commission;
(ii) the staff of the Ethics Commission;
(iii) the complainant; or
(iv) the respondent.
(b) Except as provided in subsection (c) of this section, the restrictions in subsection (a) of this section apply unless:
(1) the matter is referred for prosecution; or
(2) the Ethics Commission finds a violation of this title.
(c) (1) The Ethics Commission may release any information if the respondent agrees in writing to the release.
(2) On request of the respondent, the Ethics Commission shall disclose the identity of the complainant to the respondent.