2019 Maryland Code
Title 22 - Vehicle Laws -- Equipment of Vehicles
Subtitle 4 - Other Equipment
§ 22-414. Transmission or reception of information
(a) A motor vehicle driven on a highway in this State may not be equipped with television–type receiving equipment that is turned on and displaying an image visible to the driver.
(b) This section does not prevent:
(1) The use of television–type receiving equipment in a vehicle exclusively for safety or law enforcement purposes, as approved by the Department of State Police;
(2) The use in a vehicle of equipment used exclusively for alphanumeric data and text transmission and reception; or
(3) The use in a vehicle of electronic display equipment:
(i) Used in conjunction with:
1. A vehicle navigation system; or
2. Broadcast and satellite radio system graphics; or
(ii) Displaying information or images related to the operation or safety of a motor vehicle.