2019 Maryland Code
Title 21 - Vehicle Laws -- Rules of the Road
Subtitle 10A - Towing or Removal of Vehicles From Parking Lots
§ 21-10A-02. Signs
(a) The owner or operator of a parking lot or the owner’s or operator’s agent may not have a vehicle towed or otherwise removed from the parking lot unless the owner, operator, or agent has placed in conspicuous locations, as described in subsection (b) of this section, signs that:
(1) Are at least 24 inches high and 30 inches wide;
(2) Are clearly visible to the driver of a motor vehicle entering or being parked in the parking lot;
(3) State the location to which the vehicle will be towed or removed and the name of the towing company;
(4) State that State law requires that the vehicle be available for reclamation 24 hours per day, 7 days per week;
(5) State the maximum amount that the owner of the vehicle may be charged for the towing or removal of the vehicle; and
(6) Provide the telephone number of a person who can be contacted to arrange for the reclaiming of the vehicle by its owner or the owner’s agent.
(b) The signs described in subsection (a) of this section shall be placed to provide at least 1 sign for every 7,500 square feet of parking space in the parking lot.