2019 Maryland Code
Title 8 - Landlord and Tenant
Subtitle 8 - Residential Ground Leases.
§ 8-812. Redemption of ground lease.
(a) This section does not apply to a:
(1) Home equity line of credit;
(2) Loan secured by an indemnity deed of trust; or
(3) Commercial loan.
(b) Before the settlement of a loan secured by a mortgage or deed of trust on residential real property improved by four or fewer single–family units that is subject to a redeemable ground rent, the settlement agent shall notify the borrower that:
(1) The borrower has the right to redeem the ground rent under § 8–804 of this subtitle;
(2) The redemption amount is fixed by law but may also be negotiated with the ground lease holder for a different amount;
(3) It may be possible to include the amount of the redemption in this loan;
(4) For information on redeeming the ground rent, the borrower should contact the ground lease holder; and
(5) For information on including the amount of the redemption in this loan, the borrower should contact the lender or credit grantor making this loan.