2019 Maryland Code
Health - General
Title 5 - Death
Subtitle 6 - Health Care Decisions Act
Part I - Advance Directives.
§ 5-601.1. Electronic signatures.
For purposes of this Part I of this subtitle, an electronic signature shall have the same effect as a manual signature if the electronic signature:
(1) Uses an algorithm approved by the National Institute of Standards and Technology;
(2) Is unique to the individual using it;
(3) Is capable of verification;
(4) Is under the sole control of the individual using it;
(5) Is linked to data in such a manner that if the data are changed, the electronic signature is invalidated;
(6) Persists with the document and not by association in separate files; and
(7) Is bound to a digital certificate.