There is a newer version of this Section
2019 Maryland Code
Health - General
Title 18 - Disease Prevention
Subtitle 3 - Specific Diseases
Part III - Rabies
§ 18-319. Vaccinations -- Responsibilities of veterinarian; use of records
Universal Citation: MD Health-Gen Code § 18-319 (2019)
(a) A licensed veterinarian who vaccinates a dog, cat, or ferret against rabies:
(1) May select the vaccine to be used;
(2) Shall administer the vaccine in a manner that is consistent with the recommendations of the National Association of State Public Health Veterinarians;
(3) Shall issue to the owner of the dog, cat, or ferret a vaccination certificate, on the form that the Department approves; and
(4) Shall keep a record of the vaccination for a period of 5 years.
(b) The information in the rabies vaccination record that a licensed veterinarian keeps may not be used:
(1) To license the dog, cat, or ferret; or
(2) To tax the owner of the dog, cat, or ferret.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Maryland may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.