2019 Maryland Code
Division II - Elementary and Secondary Education
Title 5 - Financing
Subtitle 1 - Budget and Reporting Requirements
§ 5-111.1. Reports on specialized intervention services.
(a) In this section, “specialized intervention services” means services provided to students in kindergarten through grade 3 who:
(1) Are not currently identified as needing special education or related services under Title 8, Subtitle 4 of this article;
(2) Need additional academic and behavioral supports to succeed in a core curriculum and differentiated instruction general education environment; and
(3) Receive additional academic and behavioral support in small groups or individual settings at least 3 times each week for at least 90 minutes each week for a period of at least 10 weeks during a school year.
(b) Beginning with the 2018–2019 school year, on or before December 1 each year, each county board shall submit to the Department and, subject to § 2–1257 of the State Government Article, the General Assembly a report for the prior school year on:
(1) The number of students who received specialized intervention services;
(2) The grades in which specialized intervention services were provided; and
(3) The annual budget, including all federal, State, and local funds, for specialized intervention services, including screenings, evaluations, materials, professional development, and staffing.
(c) The Department shall establish guidelines for the report that each county board is required to submit under subsection (b) of this section.
(d) A county board shall publish annually on the county board’s website the information submitted under subsection (b) of this section.
(e) The Department shall publish annually on the Department’s website the information received under subsection (b) of this section.