2018 Maryland Code
Title 18.5. Peer-to-Peer Car Sharing Programs.
§ 18.5-110. Vehicle safety -- State inspections.
(a) In general. -- At the time when a vehicle owner registers as a shared vehicle owner on a peer-to-peer car sharing program and prior to the time when the shared vehicle owner makes a shared motor vehicle available for car sharing on the peer-to-peer car sharing program, the peer-to-peer car sharing program shall:
(1) Verify the age of the shared motor vehicle;
(2) Request the shared vehicle owner to provide the date of the last State inspection, or if the date is unknown, the general time period of the last State inspection;
(3) Disclose in the description of the shared motor vehicle on the peer-to-peer car sharing program's website the information provided under item (2) of this subsection so that potential shared vehicle drivers are aware of the last State inspection date before they enter into a peer-to-peer car sharing program agreement; and
(4) Notify the shared vehicle owner of the requirements under subsection (b) of this section.
(b) Vehicles older than 10 years. --
(1) A shared vehicle owner may not make a motor vehicle available as a shared motor vehicle on a peer-to-peer car sharing program if the motor vehicle is older than 10 years unless the shared vehicle owner has obtained a valid State inspection certificate for the motor vehicle no earlier than 90 days before making the shared motor vehicle available as a shared motor vehicle.
(2) If a shared vehicle owner has obtained a valid State inspection certificate for a motor vehicle under paragraph (1) of this subsection, the shared vehicle owner shall obtain another valid State inspection certificate at least once for every 10,000 miles added to the vehicle's odometer since the issuance of the prior State inspection certificate.