2018 Maryland Code
Title 15 - Vehicle Laws -- Licensing of Businesses and Occupations
Subtitle 7 - Drivers' Schools
§ 15-710. Refusal, suspension, or revocation of license
(a) In general. -- In addition to the other grounds specified in Subtitle 1 of this title for refusal, suspension, or revocation of a license, the Administration may refuse to grant a license under this subtitle to any person and may suspend, revoke, or refuse to renew the license of any person if it finds that:
(1) The person has made a material misrepresentation or concealed a material fact in obtaining a license;
(2) The person is not the true owner of the drivers' school;
(3) The person or any partner, officer, director, or stockholder of the person, or any other person who has a direct or indirect interest in the drivers' school:
(i) Was the holder of a drivers' school license that was suspended or revoked by the Administration; or
(ii) Was an officer, director, stockholder, or partner in a drivers' school the license of which was suspended or revoked by the Administration;
(4) The person or any partner, officer, agent, or employee of the person has committed any fraud in connection with the business conducted under the license, including:
(i) Inducing any individual to obtain a driver's license by illegal or improper means;
(ii) Representing or implying to any individual by word or deed that a driver's license or any other license, registration, or other document or service granted by the Administration may be obtained by any means other than those specified by law; or
(iii) Furnishing or obtaining by illegal or improper means any license, registration, or other document or service granted by the Administration, or requesting or accepting money for that purpose; or
(5) As to any drivers' school that is a participant in the Maryland driver education program, the person has failed to comply with any of the provisions of or any of the rules and regulations adopted under the Maryland Driver Education Program Act.
(b) Suspension or revocation after renewal. -- Notwithstanding the renewal of any license, the Administration may revoke or suspend that license for any violation or other cause, as permitted by this title, that occurred during the 2 license years immediately preceding the renewal.
(c) Payment of fine. -- As to any person licensed under this subtitle, instead of or in addition to revocation, suspension, or refusal to renew a license under this section, the Administration may order the licensee to pay a fine not exceeding $ 1,000 for each violation of this subtitle.