2018 Maryland Code
Title 4 - Comptroller
§ 4-104. Staff
(a) In general. --
(1) The Comptroller may employ a staff in accordance with the State budget.
(2) The staff shall perform the duties that the Comptroller assigns.
(b) Chief Deputy Comptroller and deputy comptrollers. --
(1) From among the employees on the staff, the Comptroller may designate 1 Chief Deputy Comptroller and 1 or more deputy comptrollers.
(2) While in office, the Chief Deputy Comptroller and each deputy comptroller shall be covered by a surety bond in the form and amount required by law.
(3) A designation as Chief Deputy Comptroller or as deputy comptroller may be terminated:
(i) by the Comptroller for any reason that the Comptroller considers sufficient; or
(ii) if the Comptroller is ill or absent, by the other members of the Board of Public Works for any reason that the members consider sufficient.
(4) A termination of the designation as Chief Deputy Comptroller or as deputy comptroller is not, of itself, a termination of employment.