2018 Maryland Code
Title 8 - Landlord and Tenant
Subtitle 5A - Rental Housing -- Victims of Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault
§ 8-5A-01. Definitions
(a) In general. -- In this subtitle the following words have the meanings indicated.
(b) Legal occupant. -- "Legal occupant" means an occupant who resides on the premises with the actual knowledge and permission of the landlord.
(c) Offender. -- "Offender" means a person who commits an act of domestic violence or commits a sexual assault offense.
(d) Peace order. -- "Peace order" means an enforceable final peace order.
(e) Protective order. -- "Protective order" means an enforceable final protective order.
(f) Victim of domestic violence. -- "Victim of domestic violence" means a person who is:
(1) A victim of domestic abuse, as defined in § 4-501 of the Family Law Article; and
(2) A person eligible for relief, as defined in § 4-501 of the Family Law Article.
(g) Victim of sexual assault. -- "Victim of sexual assault" means a person who is a victim of:
(1) A sexual crime under Title 3, Subtitle 3 of the Criminal Law Article;
(2) Child sexual abuse under § 3-602 of the Criminal Law Article; or
(3) Sexual abuse of a vulnerable adult under § 3-604 of the Criminal Law Article.