2018 Maryland Code
Labor and Employment
Title 5 - Occupational Safety and Health
Subtitle 1 - Definitions; General Provisions
§ 5-104. General duties of employers and employees
(a) Safe employment and places of employment. -- Each employer shall provide each employee of the employer with employment and a place of employment that are:
(1) safe and healthful; and
(2) free from each recognized hazard that is causing or likely to cause death or serious physical harm to the employee.
(b) Compliance with law. --
(1) Each employer shall comply with this title, each applicable regulation that the Commissioner adopts to carry out this title, and each applicable order that the Commissioner passes under this title.
(2) Each employee shall comply with this title and, when applicable to the employee's actions and conduct in the course of employment, each regulation that the Commissioner passes under this title.
(c) Notice of rights and duties. -- Each employer shall keep its employees informed of their protections and duties under this title, including each applicable occupational safety and health standard, by:
(1) posting notice where notices to employees normally are posted; or
(2) using other appropriate means.