2018 Maryland Code
Health - General
Title 21 - Food, Drugs, and Cosmetics
Subtitle 1 - Definitions; General Provisions
Part I - Definitions and Scope of Title
§ 21-102. Scope of title
(a) Application of provisions relating to sale. -- The provisions of this title that relate to the sale of a consumer commodity also apply to:
(1) Manufacturing, producing, processing, packing, exposing, offering, possessing, or holding the consumer commodity for sale;
(2) Dispensing or giving the consumer commodity; and
(3) Supplying or applying the consumer commodity in the operation of any food, drug, or cosmetic establishment.
(b) Misleading labeling and advertising. -- If a substance is alleged to be misbranded because the labeling is misleading or if an advertisement is alleged to be false because it is misleading, there shall be taken into account:
(1) The representations made or suggested by statement, word, design, symbol, or sound, alone or in combination; and
(2) The extent to which the labeling or advertisement fails to reveal consequences that may result from use of the substance.