2018 Maryland Code
Title 13 - Well Drillers
Subtitle 2 - State Board of Well Drillers
§ 13-202. Membership
(a) Composition; appointment of members. --
(1) The Board consists of seven members appointed by the Governor with the advice of the Secretary and the advice and consent of the Senate.
(2) Of the seven Board members:
(i) One shall be from the Department of the Environment;
(ii) One shall be from the Department of Natural Resources;
(iii) One shall be a public member; and
(iv) Four shall be licensed master well drillers who are actively practicing well drilling at the time of appointment and shall include:
1. One from Caroline, Cecil, Dorchester, Kent, Queen Anne's, Somerset, Talbot, Wicomico, or Worcester county;
2. One from Baltimore City or Baltimore, Carroll, Harford, Howard, or Montgomery county;
3. One from Anne Arundel, Calvert, Charles, Prince George's, or St. Mary's county; and
4. One from Allegany, Frederick, Garrett, or Washington county.
(b) Oath. -- Before taking office, each appointee to the Board shall take the oath required by Article I, § 9 of the Maryland Constitution.
(c) Tenure; vacancies. --
(1) The term of a member is 2 years.
(2) At the end of a term, a member continues to serve until a successor is appointed and qualifies.
(3) A member who is appointed after a term has begun serves only for the rest of the term and until a successor is appointed and qualifies.
(d) Removal. -- The Governor may remove a member for incompetence or misconduct.