2018 Maryland Code
Division II - Elementary and Secondary Education
Title 7 - Public Schools
Subtitle 10B - Maryland Advisory Council for Virtual Learning
§ 7-10B-06. Duties; reports
(a) Recommendations. -- The Council shall make recommendations regarding:
(1) High quality professional development for teachers and principals regarding digital instruction or blending digital content with traditional classroom instruction;
(2) Funding strategies to provide high quality, innovative options in course providers and delivery;
(3) Student assessment and accountability;
(4) Infrastructure necessary to support digital learning;
(5) Mobile learning and mobile learning applications;
(6) Aligning resources and digital learning initiatives of all State agencies;
(7) Coordination of digital learning programs to prevent redundancy and inefficiency;
(8) Planning for changes in technology and digital learning;
(9) Expanded curriculum for mathematics, science, foreign language, and advanced placement courses;
(10) Increasing education opportunities for at-risk, home-bound, special needs, and alternative education students; and
(11) Implementation plans for providing digital learning opportunities to all students in the State.
(b) Miscellaneous tasks. -- The Council shall perform any other tasks to carry out the mission of the Council.
(c) Reports. -- On or before December 1 of each year, the Council shall report its recommendations to the State Superintendent and, in accordance with § 2-1246 of the State Government Article, the House Committee on Ways and Means and the Senate Education, Health, and Environmental Affairs Committee.