2018 Maryland Code
Division II - Elementary and Secondary Education
Title 5 - Financing
Subtitle 1 - Budget and Reporting Requirements
§ 5-119. Anne Arundel County Public Schools Funding Accountability and Transparency Act.
(a) Definitions. --
(1) In this section the following words have the meanings indicated.
(i) "Payee" means any party who receives from the Anne Arundel County Board of Education an aggregate payment of $ 25,000 in a fiscal year.
(ii) "Payee" does not include:
1. An Anne Arundel County public school employee with respect to the employee's compensation; or
2. An Anne Arundel County public school retiree with respect to the retiree's retirement allowance.
(3) "Searchable website" means a website created in accordance with this section that displays and searches payment data of the Anne Arundel County Board of Education.
(b) Duty to provide searchable website. -- On or before January 1, 2017, the Anne Arundel County Board of Education shall develop and operate a single searchable website accessible to the public at no cost through the Internet.
(c) Payment data. -- The searchable website shall contain Anne Arundel County Board of Education payment data including:
(1) The name of a payee receiving a payment;
(2) The location of a payee by zip code; and
(3) The amount of a payment.
(d) Searches. -- The searchable website shall allow the user to:
(1) Search data for fiscal year 2016 and each year thereafter; and
(2) Search by the following data fields:
(i) A payee receiving a payment; and
(ii) The zip code of a payee receiving a payment.
(e) Duty of Board to post payment date. -- The Board shall post in a timely manner on the searchable website the payment data required under this section.
(f) Disclosure of confidential information not required. -- This section may not be construed to require the disclosure of information that is confidential under federal, State, or local law.
(g) Short title. -- This section shall be known and may be cited as the "Anne Arundel County Public Schools Funding Accountability and Transparency Act".