2018 Maryland Code
Division II - Elementary and Secondary Education
Title 5 - Financing
Subtitle 1 - Budget and Reporting Requirements
§ 5-111.1. Reports on specialized intervention services.
(a) "Specialized intervention services" defined. -- In this section, "specialized intervention services" means services provided to students in kindergarten through grade 3 who:
(1) Are not currently identified as needing special education or related services under Title 8, Subtitle 4 of this article;
(2) Need additional academic and behavioral supports to succeed in a core curriculum and differentiated instruction general education environment; and
(3) Receive additional academic and behavioral support in small groups or individual settings at least 3 times each week for at least 90 minutes each week for a period of at least 10 weeks during a school year.
(b) Reports required. -- Beginning with the 2018-2019 school year, on or before December 1 each year, each county board shall submit to the Department and, subject to § 2-1246 of the State Government Article, the General Assembly a report for the prior school year on:
(1) The number of students who received specialized intervention services;
(2) The grades in which specialized intervention services were provided; and
(3) The annual budget, including all federal, State, and local funds, for specialized intervention services, including screenings, evaluations, materials, professional development, and staffing.
(c) Guidelines for reports. -- The Department shall establish guidelines for the report that each county board is required to submit under subsection (b) of this section.
(d) Publication of reports by county board. -- A county board shall publish annually on the county board's website the information submitted under subsection (b) of this section.
(e) Publication of reports by Department. -- The Department shall publish annually on the Department's website the information received under subsection (b) of this section.