2018 Maryland Code
Title 14 - Office of the State Prosecutor
§ 14-108. Reports
(a) Report of alleged violations. --
(1) Except as provided in paragraph (2) of this subsection, if the State Prosecutor finds that an alleged violation of the criminal law set forth in § 14-107 of this title has occurred, the State Prosecutor shall make a confidential report of the findings and any recommendations for prosecution to the Attorney General and the State's Attorney for the county in which jurisdiction exists to prosecute the matter.
(2) A report of the findings and recommendations regarding allegations of offenses committed by a State's Attorney need not be made to that State's Attorney.
(b) Report of no violation or no recommendation for prosecution. --
(1) If the State Prosecutor finds that there has not been a violation of criminal law or the State Prosecutor does not recommend prosecution, the State Prosecutor shall report the findings to the person who requested the investigation.
(2) If the General Assembly requested the investigation, the report shall be made to the President of the Senate and the Speaker of the House of Delegates.
(3) On request of the person who was the subject of the investigation, the report shall be made available to the public as soon as possible.