2018 Maryland Code
Title 6 - Crimes Against Property
Subtitle 4 - Trespass
§ 6-402. Trespass on posted property
(a) Prohibited. -- A person may not enter or trespass on property that is posted conspicuously against trespass by:
(1) signs placed where they reasonably may be seen; or
(2) paint marks that:
(i) conform with regulations that the Department of Natural Resources adopts under § 5-209 of the Natural Resources Article; and
(ii) are made on trees or posts that are located:
1. at each road entrance to the property; and
2. adjacent to public roadways, public waterways, and other land adjoining the property.
(b) Penalty. -- A person who violates this section is guilty of a misdemeanor and on conviction is subject to:
(1) for a first violation, imprisonment not exceeding 90 days or a fine not exceeding $ 500 or both;
(2) for a second violation occurring within 2 years after the first violation, imprisonment not exceeding 6 months or a fine not exceeding $ 1,000 or both; and
(3) for each subsequent violation occurring within 2 years after the preceding violation, imprisonment not exceeding 1 year or a fine not exceeding $ 2,500 or both.