2018 Maryland Code
Corporations and Associations
Title 1 - General Provisions
Subtitle 5 - Entity Names
§ 1-503. Prohibited language in names
(a) Purpose for which organized. -- An entity name may not contain language stating or implying that the entity is organized for a purpose other than that allowed by the entity's:
(1) Articles of incorporation, if the entity is a corporation;
(2) Articles of organization, if the entity is a limited liability company;
(3) Certificate of limited liability partnership, if the entity is a limited liability partnership;
(4) Certificate of limited partnership, if the entity is a limited partnership; or
(5) Articles of incorporation, if the entity is a professional corporation.
(b) Names of limited partners. -- The name of a limited partnership may not contain the name of a limited partner unless:
(1) It is also the name of a general partner; or
(2) The business of the limited partnership had been carried on under the name before the admission of that limited partner.
(c) Professional corporations. -- Except for words specified in § 1-502(f) of this subtitle, the name of a professional corporation may not use any other word, abbreviation, affix, or prefix that indicates it is a corporation.