2017 Maryland Code
Title 16 - Vehicle Laws -- Drivers' Licenses
Subtitle 9 - Driver's Licenses -- Immunities and Privileges -- Requirements
§ 16-902. Duties of police officer
- If a driver who is subject to this subtitle is stopped by a police officer who has probable cause to believe that the driver has committed a violation described in this subtitle, the police officer shall:
- (1) As soon as practicable contact the U.S. Department of State office in order to verify the driver's status and immunity, if any;
- (2) Record all relevant information from any driver's license or identification card, including a driver's license or identification card issued by the U.S. Department of State; and
- (3) Within 5 workdays after the date of the stop, forward the following to the Administration:
- (i) A vehicle accident report, if the driver was involved in a vehicle accident;
- (ii) If a citation or other charging document was issued to the driver, a copy of the citation or other charging document; and
- (iii) If a citation or other charging document was not issued to the driver, a written report of the incident.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Maryland may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.