There is a newer version of this Section
2017 Maryland Code
Title 16 - Vehicle Laws -- Drivers' Licenses
Subtitle 6 - Motorcycle Safety Program
§ 16-605. Award of contracts; funding
Universal Citation: MD Transp Code § 16-605 (2017)
- (a) Award of contracts. --
- (1) The Administration may award contracts out of the appropriation to the Department for the Motorcycle Safety Program to qualifying motorcycle safety training centers for the conduct of approved motorcycle safety courses. These contracts may provide funding, equipment, and materials to establish and maintain the training centers.
- (2) The Administration may award contracts in accordance with Division II of the State Finance and Procurement Article out of the appropriation to the Department for the Motorcycle Safety Program for the procurement of services and products to be used to achieve the purpose of the Motorcycle Safety Program.
- (b) Funding. --
- (1) From the funds appropriated for the Motorcycle Safety Program, the Department shall fund the costs incurred in the implementation and operation of activities under this subtitle, including administrative costs. The Administration may reimburse a motorcycle safety training center at a rate established by the Administration for each eligible person completing the course. The reimbursement rate may be in addition to the assistance provided under subsection (a) of this section.
- (2) The funds provided under this section shall be in addition to any other State aid.
- (3) The Administration may not contract for the provision of any services under this program the aggregate costs of which exceed the funds appropriated for the Motorcycle Safety Program.
- (4) The Administration shall recover the full costs of operating the Program from any miscellaneous fees as defined in § 12-120 (a) of this article.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Maryland may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.