There is a newer version of this Section
2017 Maryland Code
Title 16 - Vehicle Laws -- Drivers' Licenses
Subtitle 5 - Driver Education Program
§ 16-501. Definitions
Universal Citation: MD Transp Code § 16-501 (2017)
- (a) In general. -- In this subtitle the following words have the meanings indicated.
- (b) Driver education course. -- "Driver education course" means a standardized course of instruction under a driver education program, adopted or approved by the Administration in consultation with the State Department of Education, intended to teach individuals to safely drive a noncommercial motor vehicle.
- (c) Driver education instructor. -- "Driver education instructor" means an individual who has completed required certification courses and is certified by the Administration to teach a driver education course, whether or not the individual is required to be licensed under Title 15, Subtitle 8 of this article.
- (d) Driver education program. -- "Driver education program" means the courses and learning activities designated by the Administration in consultation with the State Department of Education that an individual may be required to complete before obtaining a noncommercial driver's license under this title.
- (e) Driver education school. -- "Driver education school" means a school approved by the Administration to conduct driver education courses in accordance with this subtitle.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Maryland may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.