2017 Maryland Code
Title 16 - Vehicle Laws -- Drivers' Licenses
Subtitle 1 - Issuance, Expiration, and Renewal of Licenses
§ 16-112. License to be carried and exhibited on demand; giving of false name prohibited
- (a) "Display" defined. -- In this section, "display" means the manual surrender of the licensee's license into the hands of the demanding officer for inspection.
- (b) Carrying license with driver. -- Each individual driving a motor vehicle on any highway in this State shall have his license with him.
- (c) Display to uniformed police officers. -- Each individual driving a motor vehicle on any highway in this State shall display the license to any uniformed police officer who demands it.
- (d) Signature in presence of officer. -- Each individual driving a motor vehicle on any highway in this State shall, if requested by the officer, sign his usual signature in the presence of the officer so that the officer may determine whether he is the licensee.
- (e) Giving false name. -- A person may not give the name of another person or give a false or fictitious name to any uniformed police officer who is attempting to determine the identity of a driver of a motor vehicle.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Maryland may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.