2017 Maryland Code
Title 16 - Vehicle Laws -- Drivers' Licenses
Subtitle 1 - Issuance, Expiration, and Renewal of Licenses
§ 16-107. Application for license -- Minors
- (a) Cosigning by parent, guardian, or other responsible person required. -- The application of a minor for a license shall be cosigned by:
- (1) A parent or guardian of the applicant;
- (2) If the applicant has no parent or guardian or is married, an adult employer of the applicant or any other responsible adult; or
- (3) If the applicant is committed to the custody or guardianship of a local department of social services, the director of the department or the director's designee.
- (b) Address and change of address of cosigner; certificate of cosigner. -- The individual cosigning the application of a minor shall:
- (i) Provide the cosigner's mailing address to the Administration; and
- (ii) Within 30 days of any change in the mailing address occurring while the applicant or licensee is a minor, notify the Administration of the change; and
- (2) Certify that the statements made in the application are true to the best of the cosigner's knowledge, information, and belief.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Maryland may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.