There is a newer version of this Section
2017 Maryland Code
Title 12 - Vehicle Laws -- Motor Vehicle Administration
Subtitle 4 - Reciprocal Arrangements With Other Jurisdictions
§ 12-406. Power of Administrator to permit proportional registration of fleet vehicles
Universal Citation: MD Transp Code § 12-406 (2017)
- (a) Power in general. -- If any jurisdiction permits or requires the licensing of fleets of vehicles in interstate or combined interstate and intrastate commerce and the payment of registration, license, or other fixed fees on an apportionment basis commensurate with and determined by the miles traveled on highways in that jurisdiction, as compared with the miles traveled on highways in other jurisdictions, or on any other equitable basis of apportionment, and if that jurisdiction exempts vehicles registered in other jurisdictions under that apportionment basis from the requirements of full payment of its own registration, license, or other fixed fees, the Administrator by agreement may adopt the exemption as to vehicles of those fleets, whether owned by residents or nonresidents of this State and regardless of where the vehicles are based.
- (b) Scope of agreements. -- Under the terms, conditions, or restrictions that the Administrator considers proper, these agreements may provide:
- (1) That owners of vehicles operated in interstate or combined interstate and intrastate commerce in this State may pay registration, license, or other fixed fees on an apportionment basis commensurate with and determined by the miles traveled on highways in this State, as compared with the miles traveled on highways in other jurisdictions, or on any other equitable basis of apportionment; or
- (i) For issuance of trip permit registration; and
- (ii) For collection of a fee for any vehicle or combination of vehicles which may be lawfully operated in the jurisdiction if full registration or proportional registration were obtained.
- (c) Conditions of proportional registration. -- The registration of fleet vehicles under this section is subject to the rights, terms, and conditions granted by or contained in any applicable agreement, arrangement, or declaration made by the Administrator.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Maryland may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.