There is a newer version of this Section
2017 Maryland Code
Tax - General
Title 13 - Procedure
Subtitle 9 - Refunds and Offsets
Part VII - Income Tax Refund Withholding -- Warrants
§ 13-936. Applicability [Subject to amendment effective October 1, 2018; amended version follows this section; Part subject to abrogation]
Universal Citation: MD Tax-Gen Code § 13-936 (2017)
- (a) Applicability. -- This part applies only to individuals who:
- (1) are residents of Anne Arundel County, Baltimore City, Washington County, or a county that participates in the program under this part; or
- (2) have an outstanding warrant from Anne Arundel County, Baltimore City, Washington County, or a county that participates in the program under this part.
- (b) Notification of intent to participate. -- A county may participate in the program under this part if the sheriff of the county notifies the Comptroller of the county's intention to participate on or before December 31 of the first taxable year for which the county intends to participate.
- (c) Duration of participation. -- A county's participation in the program under this part continues until the sheriff of the county notifies the Comptroller of the county's intention not to participate in the program.
- (d) Exceptions. -- This part does not apply to an individual who files a joint Maryland income tax return.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Maryland may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.