2017 Maryland Code
Tax - General
Title 10 - Income Tax
Subtitle 2 - Maryland Taxable Income Calculations for Individual
Part IV - Deductions and Tax Preference Items
§ 10-219. Itemized deductions -- Limitation for nonresident
- (a) In general. -- A nonresident may claim and shall include only the part attributable to Maryland, as determined under this section, of:
- (1) the subtractions from federal adjusted gross income under § 10-208 of this subtitle;
- (2) the deduction for exemptions under § 10-211 or § 10-212 of this subtitle; and
- (i) the standard deduction under § 10-217 of this subtitle; or
- (ii) itemized deductions under § 10-218 of this subtitle.
- (b) Prorating of items. -- Unless the Comptroller requires or allows another method to compute the items listed in subsection (a) of this section, a nonresident shall prorate the items using a fraction:
- (1) the numerator of which is the Maryland adjusted gross income of the nonresident; and
- (2) the denominator of which is the federal adjusted gross income of the nonresident.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Maryland may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.