2017 Maryland Code
Title 20 - Human Relations
Subtitle 7 - Discrimination in Housing
§ 20-702. State policy; administration and enforcement of subtitle
- (a) State policy. -- It is the policy of the State:
- (1) to provide for fair housing throughout the State to all, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, familial status, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or disability; and
- (2) to that end, to prohibit discriminatory practices with respect to residential housing by any person, in order to protect and ensure the peace, health, safety, prosperity, and general welfare of all.
- (b) Administration and enforcement of subtitle. -- This subtitle:
- (1) is an exercise of the police power of the State for the protection of the people of the State; and
- (2) shall be administered and enforced by the Commission and, as provided in this title, enforced by the appropriate State court.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Maryland may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.