2017 Maryland Code
Title 1 - Definitions
§ 1-101. Definitions
- (a) In general. -- In this article the following words have the meanings indicated.
- (b) County. -- "County" means a county of the State and, unless expressly provided otherwise, Baltimore City.
- (c) Includes; including. -- "Includes" or "including" means includes or including by way of illustration and not by way of limitation.
- (d) Person. -- "Person" means an individual, receiver, trustee, guardian, personal representative, fiduciary, or representative of any kind and any partnership, firm, association, corporation, or other entity.
- (e) State. -- "State" means:
- (1) a state, possession, or territory of the United States;
- (2) the District of Columbia; or
- (3) the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Maryland may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.