There is a newer version of this Section
2017 Maryland Code
Title 8A - Mobile Home Parks
Subtitle 3 - Rules
§ 8A-301. Rules
Universal Citation: MD Real Prop Code § 8A-301 (2017)
- (a) Establishment and enforcement generally. --
- (1) A park owner shall establish reasonable rules related to the order, peace, health, safety, and qualification standards of mobile homes, residents, and the operation of the park.
- (2) A rule established under paragraph (1) of this subsection may not be enforced unless it is in writing and is delivered to each resident in the park.
- (b) Appearance and construction standards; enforcement. --
- (1) A park owner shall prescribe reasonable, written standards for the mobile homes to be placed or retained in the park, their size, quality, appearance, material specification, construction and safety condition.
- (2) A rule adopted pursuant to paragraph (1) of this subsection setting a standard for the size, quality, material specification, or construction of mobile homes may not be enforced against any individual:
- (i) Who, at the time the standard is adopted, is the owner or tenant of a mobile home in the park, as to that mobile home; or
- (ii) Who purchases a mobile home from the individual who owned the home at the time the standard was adopted.
- (c) Maintenance standards. -- A park owner shall prescribe reasonable, written maintenance standards for any mobile home in the park or immediate area surrounding the mobile home, in accordance with the State or county health laws or regulations.
- (d) Fair and reasonable; uniform application. -- All rules and standards shall be fair and reasonable and, except as provided in paragraph (b)(2) of this section, shall apply uniformly to all residents in the park.
- (e) Notice. -- A rule or standard is not enforceable unless the park owner:
- (1) Delivers a copy of the rule or standard to each resident affected thereby; and
- (2) Posts a copy of the rule or standard in a conspicuous place in the park.
- (f) Effectiveness of amendment. -- An amendment to a rule or standard is not effective until the later of:
- (1) The date specified in the amendment; or
- (2) 30 days after the park owner delivers to each resident written notice of the proposed amendment.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Maryland may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.